a few of my favorite things

yesterday morning, as i was leaving the house to get coffee, i noticed how pretty the light looked in my entry way bouncing off the mirror. i decided it was something worth taking a picture of, because as we continue to lay flooring and remodel the master bath the rest of my house looks like a tornado came through it, and this is the one spot in the house that shines.

shine on mirror, shine on
i proceeded to my favorite coffee shop in town, conveniently located down the street from our house. the staff are always very friendly, and make me feel right at home. i ordered my coffee, and decided on a breakfast sandwich to accompany my drink. as i sat and waited, my ears perked up to the sound of cheer coming through the speakers above me. i was slightly embarrassed, with it being september, and all, that the smile across my face was a reaction to christmas music. but seriously, i could watch a christmas movie every day of the year. regardless, it was a pleasant surprise, and i truly believe my coffee and sandwich tasted better because of it.

how cute is this coffee cup?! and the croissant was to-die-for good.
in other news, fall is here! i am so excited. the leaves have already begun letting nature paint them warm shades. i've started collecting the ones that have fallen, so that i can press them, and frame them. (i will post the finished product.) we've made plans to go to the pumpkin patch soon, and i've started scouring my pinterest for craft projects that will make my house look like fall threw up in it. i. can't. wait. what do you look forward to in the fall season?


we woke to a very chilly midwest morning. the day is filled with plans to work on flooring upstairs. i think i'll try to sneak in a trip to hobby lobby so i can craft my heart out later this evening. i hope the first day of fall showers you with bright colors, a cool breeze, and the smell of pumpkin-something in the air. ex|oh whit

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Post a Comment

all work © whitney johns unless otherwise noted // leave credit where credit is due. Powered by Blogger.